Tuesday 15 April 2008

COMMENT 4

Posted at http://emmasbadblog.blogspot.com/ on 15th April 2008.

Hello Em,

I thought I'd drop you a comment here. I was so surprised at myself after reading 'The Unbearable Lightness of Being' by Milan Kundera, in order to complete the first essay for this module. What I initially thought was a cut and dried issue in my mind, resolved by a relatively simple arrangement of mutually agreed ethics within a relationship, turned out to be nothing of my sort. The book in question scrambled my views on infidelity so much that not only have I abandoned all my previous thoughts on the topic, but in many ways my views on many aspects of it have made an about turn! In short, I previously considered Infidelity to be wrong and that was that. It was a 'lack of self control' and 'ultimate betrayal' in my eyes and I was resolute. However, after 'The Unbearable Lightness...', I now believe that there can be many circumstances where infidelity can be condoned ethically.Like all things in Philosophy (least of all logic!) 'Its just SOOO complicated!!!...

No comments: