Tuesday 29 April 2008

Introducing more humour to the world!


After reading Emma's comment on my last post concerning 'bad comedians', I have to agree with her final idea that we should "make a stranger laugh once a day", so I say that for a little voluntary experiment anyone who reads this should also do so and then we can report our findings. Whoever this stranger may be, wherever they may be, I don't care! Just make them laugh and report back. I will first of all see how difficult it is to make a stranger laugh, and secondly it could be quite useful in ascertaining where exactly this forever talked about 'line' is that keeps cropping up with almost every topping that is mentioned on this being bad module. I am a huge fan of the Jackass TV series, simply because the skits planned out for the show often completely took strangers unaware, quite often offended them but never harmed them. At the same time, the cast would put themselves very much in harms way, all for the sake of offending the viewer, but more often than not also reducing them (myself included) to tears of laughter! Now that, in my mind, is the most effective type of humour. Improvised, practical and reactionary humour!


Here is a clip from the Jackass 2 movie from youtube.com - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxhF9QH-2Bg&feature=related

No comments: