Tuesday 18 March 2008

Kids


Having recently viewed the movie 'Kids' for one of the 'Being Bad' lectures, i thought it appropriate to write a brief post on about my opinions of it.


It seems that Kids offended many people, both on a broader social scale and also people within the class. I think this is because it is so 'close to home', It indeed made me cringe many times while I was watching it, probably because I have come across this type of behaviour in my adolescence, as i'm sure many of us have. The film dealt with such a tabbo subject, the promiscuity of underage children, and think it owes much to this when it creates shock amongst viewers.


I must say, from a personal level, that despite all the underage sex and alcohol and drug use, i was most disturbed by the violent beating scene in the park. I have always been more disturbed by violence that any other 'bad' human behaviour, and as such that part of the film really got to me. I think that, although it is not the type of film that I would choose to watch of my own choice, it is very relevant, offers a certain worth and is often harshly treated and misunderstood - simply because it touches too close to home with many viewers.
Here is a montage of clips from the movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XHixmjxr5k&feature=related

No comments: